Since the pandemic, many people have worked for work, and even some IT firms have given their employees permanent work from home. Now, if the employees work from home, then the zoom app is the only place they can start meeting. It is one of the easiest ways to start the meeting on the spot. You can organize your remote work calendar so easily.
The process for scheduling the zoom may look similar on the desktop app, website, or mobile app, but they are not. If you do not know how to set up a zoom meeting, learn from here!
How to set up a zoom meeting on the website?
Here are some steps to consider to set up the zoom meeting on the website.
- Head to the Zoom website on your browser and sign in to your account.
- After logging in, you need to click on the option of ‘My Account’ that will be available top-right corner of the homepage.
- There, you will find the option of ‘Schedule a Meeting,’ and once you click on that, it will open a form where you need to fill out the topic and description of the meeting and the date and time option. You will also have the option of scheduling it as a recurring meeting. Once you edit all the details, you can just scroll down to the bottom and click on the ‘Save’ option.
- When you move forward, you will also see an option to add the meeting to the Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar, or Yahoo Calendar. In addition, there will be an invitation link you need to copy or share with the people you want to invite to the meeting.
How to set up a zoom meeting on the desktop?
Steps for starting the zoom meeting on the desktop app-
- First, need to open the zoom on your desktop and sign in to that.
- On the ‘Home’ Tab, there will be an open Schedule; you need to click on that. From there, you can schedule a new meeting after clicking on the small plus sign that will be available on the top left side of the meeting tab.
- After that, a pop-up window will open, which will look quite similar to the online form. There you need to enter the topic name for which you are scheduling the meeting, the date, and the time. In addition, you can choose the video, security setting, and calendar. In the additional settings, you can even Mute participants after entry.
- Once you have entered everything, you need to click on save. The scheduled meeting will appear on the right side of the ‘Home’ tab. If you want, you can see the details in the ‘meeting’ tab of the application.
How to set up a zoom meeting on the mobile app?
If you are starting the zoom meeting on your mobile phone, then there are a few steps that you need to follow-
- First, you need to download and open the zoom app on your mobile.
- You need to tap on ‘Schedule,’ which will be shown on the screen at the ‘Meet & Chat’ homepage.
- To schedule the meeting, you need to enter the topic of the meeting and also set up the date and time. You can make some additional settings, too, such as ‘Require Meeting Passcode’ and ‘Enable the Waiting room.’
- Once you are done with the settings and filling out the details, you need to tap on the Save or Done.
- If you have given the calendar permission to the zoom app, you can add the events to your mobile calendar. The application will verify the information and then set the alert for the events. If you want to add the alerts, you can click on ‘Add’ at the top right corner.
- After setting the details, now you need to invite other people to the meeting and give them the details regarding that. For that, you need to go to the ‘Meeting’ tab of the app, and there you need to tap on the meeting which you have scheduled. Tap on ‘Add Invitees,’ which will be available beneath the meeting details. If you want, you can send it as a message or via email. You can just copy the link and paste it to any app from where you want to send it to the guests.
Starting the zoom meeting is not that hard for a person. You can do it anywhere; you only need to open the zoom app.